CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 11, 2008

3 Days with P4 Girls

True enough. My day turned out great. It even started a few hours after I blogged about it.

Today was the end of my observation in P4 Love. Btw, I was and still am posted to CHIJ Our Lady of the Nativity for a 5 week Teaching Assistantship. I was already acquainted with this class and a bunch of girls. They were warm, friendly, and cute! They actually washed off all my perception about upper primary children. They listened to what I have to say. I somehow felt like I am their teacher as well as their friend. Of course, not to the point of extremity.

The class had a group activity called "Find Your Match". There were 34 pupils in that class. Each one had to take one card. 17 cards were fractions, the other 17 were decimals. Since they were learning about decimals, they had to mentally convert fractions to decimals, vice versa. The objectives of the activity was to find their respective partners. Since one of them was absent, the teacher gave me a part to play in this activity. The girls were overjoyed. I'm not joking! They were "Yay-ing" me for 3 seconds! I counted.
I've also counted the girls who came up to me to be my partner, although they didn't have my match. When I told them it's wrong, they gave me a papaya face. Poor them! My partner didn't come at all. She was standing beside her seat, blurred. She has a really cute face. She doesn't really like to socialize, but she CAN interact with people. She is the carefree type of girl, doesn't really pay attention to what's happening around her. Very cute. I came to her and showed my card. At that point, she gave me a grin and told her friends that she got me as her partner. Her friends were jealous. (Yeah! Teachers can be divas!). Then she sticked our cards on the board. She even had to write our names on the cards to mark that I was her partner! I enjoyed being in this class, really.

During the written work session, I observed one girl called Jia Wen (a very nice girl too). She asked me a question and I was not too sure what the teacher wants, so I asked her to go ask the teacher. She was scared of the teacher, I think. But she told me one thing that kept on ringing in my head: It's okay. Learn from mistakes.
I smiled instantly. Coming from a P4 pupil, it IS really amazing! Gosh! My eyes were instantly open to these young girls. They're so precious! I don't care if they're big or small, they're all very precious! I really wanna dedicate my life for these girls. I know that my life as a teacher-to-be will impact so many young people. And like what a quote says ...

Teachers, you may never know when your influence stops.

The word for today is
Precious

0 Woofs!:

Blog Archive