CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 26, 2008

A Leader is a Reader

I've been stuck without a computer for a week! My laptop crashed. It was terrible being disconnected from the world of web. Yet, everything was never fated to happen. It was destined to make me realize that I still can survive without technology (except Nintendo DS and cellphone). But that didn't matter, I was never 24/7 on phone or playing DS, unlike the computer. What was I doing? MSN, Facebook, watch videos, listen to music, and everything else. It seemed that I had "something" to do online, though it was plain wasting time.

I thought I'd never survived the week; but days proved me wrong. I spent the whole week reading inspirational books. I've finished 2 books and started a new one last Tuesday..in just a matter of 6 days (coz I bought a new laptop on the 7th day). Productive eh? I was quite surprised myself. I never finish reading books before, except textbooks. ALthough I did remember that I finished one storybook series when I was 12. After that, no more reading for me.

I chose to read inspirational books because firstly, there's no other genre! (obviously I don't buy books, so feel free to give me books for presents. Haha!) Secondly, I believe that there's more that I can learn from books such as those. The books that I've read and reading are:

1. Your Knight in a Shining Armor: Discovering Your Lifelong Love
by P.B. Wilson
2. The Woman that I'm Becoming
by T. Suzanne Eller
3. Woman of Influence: Ten Traits of Those Who Want to Make a Difference
by Pam Farrel

Questioning why I read these?
I learn alot from these kind of books. How to become a better daughter, a better friend, a better sister, and it enlightens me to not only become an ordinary future wife/mother, but someone who is ready to help her husband goes through trials and tribulations. The first book talks alot about relationships. From the title itself, you can already predict that the book contains teachings about finding the right partner. Wilson brought us to ponder what LOVE is. Many times, we ladies are trapped in an emotional attachment. Because it feels good to have a man to feed our loneliness with sweet words or romantic dinners, we are too blinded to see what's around us. But most importantly, we're too captivated by infatuation to look what's ahead of us. It's not wrong to love. It's not wrong to feel that you want to be loved. We are created like that, that is why we're different from animals. What about animal instict you say? I heard that phrase alot of times. A girl falls for a guy, or vice versa, because of their animal instinct. Sigmund Freud based his theory of sexuality on instict as well. Yeah. Human beings have animal instinct. It's just that they don't call it an instinct. It's the yuppie-word called emotion.

If your emotions overwhelm you, you would do everything that you feel is right at that moment. Some "auntie" cuts in the queue line in Burger King, you snort and complain to your friend that she's a LOSER. Right under our nose, your sibling takes one of your things without permission. You blow up. Things like this are all run by our emotions. But these things are definitely not good. If you run your life with emotions, you are heading to the path of foolishness. How many times have you ever regretted by the decisions that we make? Making decisions require wise and sound reasoning. It is like going into the grocery store when you are hungry. You spend alot on the food you think you need to eat, but in the end, you've wasted money because you're too full to eat. Have you heard that saying? Don't do grocery shopping when you're hungry.; you'll tend to buy everything.

Similarly to our beautiful relationships. I myself sometimes question why do people get together when they've only known each other for less than a month? Worst, I've heard 2 weeks! Aren't they afraid that once you get together, all the hidden motives, habits, past experiences sprung out? Then most girls would feel cheated, "How come I never knew about this until now?" Disappointment. Heart-broken. Our lives are too precious to be broken into pieces by strangers. Don't you think that we ladies have so much more to offer? When everyone views men as the ultimate strongest living creature, it means that they are physically capable. They're tall. They're strong. On the other hand, we ladies are so much stronger spiritually. I believe that every women in this Earth, who may or may not know the Lord Jesus Christ, too have the potential to be mentally stronger than men. That's why they call men waffles, and women spaghetti. Men are always "in the box", while women are mostly flexible and far-sighted. The difference between a godly woman and a non-believer is that godly women are able to discern what is right and what is wrong, because our objective truth is based on the Bible. We are God's mouthpiece to speak to our husbands. We are very sensitive towards the spiritual realms. But this sensitivity can be a weakness for women. Again, we are fallible to men's conquests. Thus, I encourage all women out there, to be strong. Do not be the victims of unwanted brokenness and deceit. I know you can persevere this challenge. Don't worry about what man you'll get. As long as you keep focus on God, serving the community, and be selfless, God will bring you the right man at the right time. He has provided the man for you. All you need to do is to get ready. Don't rush it coz God knows when you're ready or not. Imagine a 10 year old boy asking his father for a motorcycle. If you're his father, what will you say? His father knows that if he gives his young son a motorcycle, it would endanger his life. What if his son crashes? What if the motorcycle tip-over his son when he's cleaning it? Just like our physical father, our Father in Heaven wants to keep you safe. He wants you to enjoy life and not get hurt by "strangers".

This entry isn't only for the ladies. Men too. If you're not ready, please oh please, do not play with women's feelings. If you practice doing so, you know what kind of husband you'll become. What you sow is what you reap. You can't reap mangoes if you plant potato seeds can you? Men out there, you all should also prepare yourself to become a great husband and father in the future. If during your single life you're exposed to alcoholic drinks, your marriage life wouldn't instantly change your habits. Researchers said that a habit is formed when you do the same thing over and over again in the period of 2 weeks (14 days). From 14 days onwards, you'll do the same thing. It's a habit. Change those bad habits, men and women. Ya'll are precious!

Thanks be to God who always causes us to triumph in His name!

** These are basically what I've summed up from P.B. Wilson's book. Some are revelations. Not in the book **

The word for today is
Wisdom

0 Woofs!:

Blog Archive