CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 10, 2008

An Afternoon @ Bugis

I was not in the mood to blog yesterday. So, let's chunk everything in today.

Yesterday, I was in the NLB @ Bugis with Wanyee. We studied in study lounge @ level 5. In total, I think we studied for 3 hours. We were studying history (Historical Interpretations) and it seems that we've known everything but not all. WAGGHHH! And here came distractions...websites! I helped her checked air fare tickets to JKT. I can't remember if it's valuair or jetstar but apparently, she can get it for $250ish return tickets. Nice right?

Distraction wasn't only that. Our hungry stomach kept on calling us to eat Pizza Hut / Swensens / Fish and Co. / Mexican food / Chinese food / any food that we had in mind. We were famished! (honestly, she was. Not me. =P) Hence, we left as early as 4.30 P.M from NLB (which stands for National Library "Books"? =S I seriously don't know. Educate me someone!) We ate at Bugis Junction. The restaurant was called Terra. Funny name. Reminds me of Tera. =P
The food was quite alright. They have $9.90++ set meals. And in my opinion, the baked potato with mushrooms and vegetables are fantastic! And it wasn't that bad for a $9.90 meal. It includes soup of the day and ice cream. Plain water is free. Try it!
But mind you, the service was pretty awful, at least that was what we experienced yesterday. But WHO CARES! You can always feedback on their service. It's of less importance as long as you can indulge on delicious yet inexpensive food!

After our meal, we walked to Bugis Street to digest our food. I never knew the place was quite "interesting" to window-shop--though I find Lou Hu (HK) and Ni Ren Si Jie (Shenzhen) better in terms of prices and fancy stuff. I do like the service shops here though. Like those nail stores, etc. It is really eye-catching, especially when they design the place cozily. Gosh. Girls do pamper themselves!

Then, at one point, I saw this little salon at one of the alleyway. I was struck by the services they offer.

  • Hair extension
  • Braids
  • Corwall
  • Perming
  • Bonding
  • Coloring
  • ...and Dreadlocks!
I saw the prices and it was affordable! Hair extension starts from $1. So, I sat down at the seat and picked my choice (I chose a braid extension) and they braided a strand of my hair. It was awesome! I spent $10 for that one braid. Err...not so cheap, but this is something new! I tried to convince Wan Yee, but apparently she was not ready for the adventure. So, tadaaa... whatcha think?

It's orange and black.


[MFLW] I might be going to Planetshakers tomorrow with some of the ENCS people. Yay!

1 Woofs!:

*jean* said...

Wa! What an exciting day! 3 hours of studying is not bad though. At least there was studying, haha. Anyway, NLB stands for National Library Board. We should go out for lunch one day. Anyway, jia you for the exams!

Blog Archive